108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unpresenting Windows Virtual Disk - EVA6000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Beannie
Advisor

Unpresenting Windows Virtual Disk - EVA6000

Hi All - We have a windows server that is now virtualized and physically disconnected from our EVA6000. There was 160G allocated to this windows server from the EVA6000 and I want to bring that space back to the EVA6000 pool of available space. From reading on this site, my understanding is that I simply have to Unpresent the virtual disk and remove the host... and/or remove the zone from the switches. My dabbling with the SAN is limited at best so appreciate any feedback as I learn my way. Thanks again.
5 REPLIES 5
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes. Its very simple activity.

Just you can select the vdisk to unpresented and unpresent from the host - Then you delete the virtual disk. The space will be added to diskgroup.

You can also directly delete the vdisk, it best practice to unpresent and delete.

Cheers,
Siva
Bulent ILIMAN
Trusted Contributor

EVA will not allow you to delete the VDISK unless it is unpresented from all the hosts being presented. So you have to unpresent first. after that point you can delete the vdisk and host, the space will not be fully available until the leveling for that DG finished. you can also delete the host config on eva and zone definition about that host on tha SAN to avoid future mis-understanding.
Beannie
Advisor

Thanks much. Don't know what I would do without these forums and all the expertise within.
Best Regards.
Bulent ILIMAN
Trusted Contributor

Please don't miss to assign points,

Best Regards,

Bulent
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I am pretty sure that we can delete the LUN without unpresentation.