108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade from CVEVA 8 to CVEVA 9

SOLVED
Go to solution
Saravanan dev
Occasional Advisor

Upgrade from CVEVA 8 to CVEVA 9

1) We are currently installing CVEVA 8 to CVEVA 9, can any one tell me how the license are re-generated? I have queried HP about this but the SAID are registered under a person who is no longer with our organization, how do we go about?
7 REPLIES 7
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

No problem with licence at all (because they are stored on the EVA). Just to be safe, save them.

Uninstall CV 8.x, reboot and install CV9.1 - that's it.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You do not need to regenerate or re-enter the licenses when updating from CV 8 to CV 9. Just launch CV 9 installation.

The change on the licensing format was done from CV 6 to CV 7. CV 7, 8 and 9 use the same licenses and those are stored on the EVA. You can even format the Command View server and you'll not lose anything. The new Command View will read configuration and logs from the EVA controllers.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I think it is still a good idea to save a separate copy in case somebody presses the [Remove Licenses] button.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

XD You're supposed to keep the original e-mails with the license codes, or be able to get them from the webware page. :-)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Yes, yes, and earth is flat like a CD-ROM ;-)

I still recommend to have an additional copy nearby(= on the management server), because things get done by different people and filed away in hard-to-find places. Some companies are not so well organized like HP.
Albatross
Regular Advisor

Hi,

As a personal experience, you should locate and keep the envelopes in which the original licenses came, specially the sheets printed with the "HP ORDER NUMBER". Webware asked us for these codes and the EVA's WWN to assist us in license management,

Cheers and good luck,

KathyL1
Valued Contributor

Just click on "Server Options" in Command view and export the licences. At least then you will have a text copy of the licence strings and they have the HP order number embedded in them