6379 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade from EVA4000 to EVA6000

meekrob
Super Advisor

Upgrade from EVA4000 to EVA6000

hi All
i have to upgrade from EVA4000 to EVA6000 by adding 4 storageWorks and Loop switch
I need to know please if there's any firmware upgrade i should do or any license i should add or buy

Thank you in Advance
Charbel
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Command View EVA is licensed either "per Terabyte" or "Unlimited". Depending on how many terabytes of capacity you're adding and what kind of Command View license you have you may need to buy additional Command View licenses. There's no firmware upgrade required.
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

From quickspec:
NOTE: Upgrading an EVA4000 to a higher EVA model with Command View EVA 1TB LTU. When upgrading to a higher EVA model with Command View EVA software and new capacity is purchased. You simply pay the difference between the original EVA model and the upgraded to EVA model Command View EVA 1TB or multiple 1TB LTUs. For example if you upgraded from an EVA4000 to an EVA6000 and you purchased additional LTU. You are required to purchase the difference in price between the EVA4000 1TB LTU and the EVA6000 1TB LTU.
NOTE: Upgrading an EVA4000 to a higher EVA model with Command View EVA Unlimited LTU. When upgrading using the Unlimited license there are no additional purchases need. However, customers should consider the cost of renewal of their Command View EVA support contract when making a decision to upgrade to a higher EVA model number using the Unlimited Capacity use per EVA for each of their EVAs.