New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA 7410 Array

SOLVED
Go to solution
Faizer Jameel
Frequent Advisor

VA 7410 Array

Hai Gurus,
I have 2 servers [ Server A and Server B] connected to a va7410 array having a capacity of 600gb. On server A I want to create a volume group vg01 with a logical volume lvol1, mounted on /data1 .
On server B also I want to create a volume group vg06 with a logical volume lvol7 mounted on /data1. Is this possible?
Can the array be configured in such a way that I could allocate 300 gb for the server A exclusively and 300 gb for server B so that I could achieve my above scenario?
3 REPLIES 3
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor
Solution

This is possible if you have products like Storage Allocator or Surestore Secure Manager. These products do exactly same that you wanted. While creating LUN assign the kind of access you want for each server.
Clik tthe link below for more details about the product

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/prodhome/hpsurestor30597.html

-USA
Good Luck..
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

And... here is link for Storage allocator product.

http://devresource.hp.com/sso/isv/detail?appid=A765
Good Luck..
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

1. create LUN(s) in VA. Use CommandView SDM installed or VFP (virtual front panel, serial interface at the rear of VA);
2. create security table, allow 'WC' access to LUNs you want each server to see, and deny all other's access (permission=0);
3. issue 'ioscan -f' and then 'insf -e' on each host. Then device files for LUNs will be created;
4. use these LUNs as they are ordinary SCSI disks to create vgs (vgcreate, lvcreate, etc), setting correctly up primary link to LUNs (LUNs within RG1 primary link through VA Controller 1, LUNs within RG2 - VA Controller 2) and alternate link.
You can exclude step 2. In this case hpux will create device files for LUNs, but you may simply not use them. Another story if you have windows systems in the SAN. Then security table is a must otherwise windows systems will try to grab all volumes/LUNs and write its signatures there corrupting data
Eugeny