108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA7400 not seen by the SDM (Command View) server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jitao Yin_2
Occasional Advisor

VA7400 not seen by the SDM (Command View) server

We have a VA7400 array connected to a Brocade switch and a W2K server with 2 Emulex LP8000 HBAs connected to the same switch. There is no zoning setup on the switch. The VA7400 and the HBAs are all set to full fabric topology. However, we can make the SDM server to discover the array, even after running the "armdiscover" command. The version of SDM is 1.06.

We need to get this working desperately. I appreciate any response. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
did you set the emulation type for the VA7400 to windows mode ?

It must be done using the serial cable, before the real connection.

Massimo
Jitao Yin_2
Occasional Advisor

I did set the port behavior to Windows. We also disabled LUN security from the console port.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor
Solution

First does both the va7400 and the W2K log into the fabric OK? Check the Name Server screen using the brocade web interface.

From the W2K disk monitor, do you see a disk on the HBA as LUN 0. [I believe CommandView talks through LUN 0]
Jitao Yin_2
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply. The problem has been fixed. The cause for the problem is that we had zoning on the brocade switch. It appears that the zoning functions stayed on, even I removed all the zoning configurations from the fabric. The result of this is that the switch will see all the devices on the fabric, however, there is no connectivity for any of them. I had to put all the HBAs, the controllers into a zone for them to talk to each other.

I'd like somebody to explain why it behaves this way. By which I mean the zoning functionality of the Brocade switch.

Thanks