Disk Enclosures
1748022 Members
5448 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VA7400 with Windows - How do I determine the performance path using Windows device info?

Bob Powell_2
Visitor

VA7400 with Windows - How do I determine the performance path using Windows device info?

I am familiar with the HP-UX ioscan process for finding the performance path for a LUN defined in a VA7400. I need to do the same thing for a Windows host. A single LUN presented to the host shows up as two drives on my single FC-HBA equipped Windows server. This I expect. The only difference in the properties between the two appears to be the "TargetID:". I need to figure out how to work my way back all the way to the AL_PA's of the VA controllers to be certain I am selecting the correct path/device.

Any thoughts out there? - Bob
2 REPLIES 2
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Re: VA7400 with Windows - How do I determine the performance path using Windows device info?

Are you in a direct attached or switched environment?

1) in a switched environment you probably see the lun through both controller, then you need to setup zoning on your swith or install autopath

2) Isn't the administrative LUN 0 that you are seeing? Are you sure that both LUNs that you see have the same size
Bob Powell_2
Visitor

Re: VA7400 with Windows - How do I determine the performance path using Windows device info?

It's a single switch environment. Two connections from the VA7400 controllers and one connection from my host. There are other hosts that are dual-attached but I'm leaving them out of this discussion for simplicity.

I can see two paths to the same LUN (LUN6). Windows mounts them up as drives E: and F:.
The properties for these drives shows same LUN number but different Target ID's.

Might there be anything associated with the Target ID's that helps me map back to the AL-PA of the controllers?

Same issue would occur with AutoPath since it would recognize all paths to the LUN, but consolidate them into to single drive letter from a Windows point of view.