108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA7400

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel Fourie
Frequent Advisor

VA7400

I have loaded the Command View software, but if I try to start it up it gives me the following error:

Failed to open target localhost: Error logging in: NOT BOUND IN REGISTRY

Can someone please help me?

Regards
Knowlage is Power
4 REPLIES 4
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Daniel,
answer the following questions:
1. which firmware VA has;
2. do you see VA LUNs twice;
3. which version of CV did you install;
4. which FC HBA do you have and what's its driver version;
Eugeny
Ricardo Rocha
Valued Contributor

Hi

You should be aware of the version of Command View and the VA firmware. They must be compatible. Is the VA already configured? You need at least LUN 0 to be created.

Bye
"there is this old man who spent so much of his life sleeping that he is able to keep awake for the rest of his years"
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

This sounds like a networking problem to me. You should check your networking is operating correctly. Particularly 'localhost'...

Good luck!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Daniel Fourie
Frequent Advisor

I got it working, and this is what I did.

I stoped HostAgent and OpenDIAL, then I deleted all the files in /opt/sanmgr/hostagent/pdb to force OpenDIAL to rebuild the database files, then I restarted OpenDIAL and HostAgent and executed the armdiscover command, after doing all this it worked fine.

If I may ask another question, I would like to know how do I find out what version of MC/Service Guard I have got and if this version is Metro Cluster, cause I do not pick it up in a swlist?

Thanks for all your reply's I am assigning some points to all to say thanks for some usefull information that will help me in the future if I have to deal with some other problems concerning the VA7400.

Regards
Daniel
Knowlage is Power