1751693 Members
4916 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where to get details about logprint output from 12H

Donald E. Bodle, Jr
Occasional Contributor

Where to get details about logprint output from 12H

Where can I get further details about the output from logprint. The man page is of limited help. I need to answer questions like:
Does "Disk drive removed" mean physically removed, or just removed from service due to excessive errors?
Does "Rebuild started" always report from slot A1, or is there other significance?
How serious is "Disk Drive Data Out Of Sync After Access?" I've attached the output from an array where theres was an initial failure (B6), the disk was replaced (by the end-user), and we've had subsequent failures of B6 and B1. It looks like the end user had some trial and error attempts at replacing the failed disk. But what I'm really looking for is more detail on the logprint output.

I'm attaching a trimmed down capture of the particular logprint.

Thanks
If we don't change our direction, we're likely to end up where we're headed.
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Please attach 'arraydsp -a' also
Eugeny
Donald E. Bodle, Jr
Occasional Contributor

Okay, here it is. I'm still mostly interested in details on interpreting the output of logprint.
If we don't change our direction, we're likely to end up where we're headed.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Bad news.
- Redundancy Loss
- Active Hot Spare Unavailable
- Rebuild Failed
- Missing Disk
Firmware is up-to-date, although ARM software is not
My recommendations: shutdown 12h, then power it off, then reseat all components (disks) - reseat means pull and push them back securely. Turn 12h on and look at 'arraydsp -a' and front panel again. You need to return missing disk into the set...
Eugeny