Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get the MSA2000 MIB (an answer, not a question)

exrational
Occasional Advisor

Where to get the MSA2000 MIB (an answer, not a question)

Like many people I got frustrated trying to track down a MIB for the MSA2000-series hardware. I ended up finding it through a sort of roundabout method that you too can employ:

1 - Download the Ops Manager 2007 Management pack for HP StorageWorks devices from http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/SCOM_managementpack.html - you do not need to have Ops Manager to perform these steps.
2 - In Windows Explorer, go to %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\wbem\snmp\ - leave this window open and alone for now.
3 - In another Windows Explorer window, unpack the file you downloaded and run setup.exe. After clicking Next twice, you should receive an error that a script could not be run. DO NOT CLICK OK TO THE MESSAGE YET!
4 - In the original Windows Explorer window, you should notice 15 new files in the SNMP folder - including one called msa2000traps.mib. Copy the new files (but particularly the MSA2000 MIB) somewhere else.
5 - Click OK to the message in the management pack installer. The 15 files will disappear from the SNMP folder and the installer will exit.

I guess it's possible that the problem which prevents the script from running on my machine will not occur on others, and the management pack will install successfully. If so, step 5 would be to uninstall the management pack.

Hey, HP - this hardware has been out for awhile now. How about posting the MIB somewhere that it can be easily downloaded?
2 REPLIES
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Where to get the MSA2000 MIB (an answer, not a question)

Here is another source:

- Insight Management MIB update kit for HP Systems Insight Manager for Windows V8.01 (3 Apr 2008)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-36ac981a5a4a4a349b41f4669e〈=en&cc=us&mode=3&
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Re: Where to get the MSA2000 MIB (an answer, not a question)

How do we know which file is the correct MIB??