1752617 Members
4595 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Which RAID-Controller for a A3311A

Oleg Khoroshylov
Frequent Advisor

Sven, it was shown for short time and after this it was deleted by forum administrator (i think). No link left :( unfortunatelly.
No RISC, no fun
Sven Geschke
Frequent Advisor

Oleg,

Too bad... I would have been interested :-))
Anyway, there's a true part to the story (as probably to every story)...
I rented an E-Class Benz in Amsterdam this July and returned it in Germany. Somehow things got mixed up an Hertz couldn't find the car so they called me up in the states to tell me the'd reported it as stolen (I guess they thought I took it to Poland or something like that and had sold it there), but only could leave a message on my answering machine. So this phonecall reached me almost a week later when i checked my voicemail, because *I* was still in Germany at that time. Anyway... it took me hours on the phone to set things straight... as if i didn't have enough to do. ;-)

Rgds
Sven
***ceterum censeo redmondinium esse delendam***
Sven Geschke
Frequent Advisor

Okay... enough chit-chat! ;-)

Back to the original thread...
After carefully considering all information given by the people here (thank you all very much), I decided to buy a Compaq Storage Unit and to sell the Jamaica Box. This seems to be the easiest way out of this.

Rgds
Sven
***ceterum censeo redmondinium esse delendam***
Oleg Khoroshylov
Frequent Advisor

O-oops, so this was not joke :o! I saw very polite message here as reply to your post from Hertz and Amsterdam police asking for their "expensive Mercedes car which was rented in Amsterdam aeroport and never returned back afterwards". Trully, I thought that somebody is just kidding you.
Take care!
Oleg
No RISC, no fun