5663 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Will Va7100 HP18 autoclone to HP13?

Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Will Va7100 HP18 autoclone to HP13?

Hi Folks,

I have a VA7100 controller failure. The existing working controller firmware version is HP18.

The replacement controller I have got is having HP13. If I insert this controller will the HP18 firmware be autocloned to this?

Anybody had experiences on this earlier?

The reason for my doubt is the following note in the VA7100 controller replacement instructions,
-----------------------------------------------
The Auto Clone process will not work if the replacement controller has HP14 or later firmware and the existing controller
has HP13 or earlier firmware. In this situation, the existing controller cannot overwrite the HP14 or later firmware on the
replacement. Make sure the controller has HP13 or earlier firmware on it before using it as a replacement.
-----------------------------------------------

Even though my situation is a reverse of this note, I want to clarify with people who had real life experiences on this.

As usual, you will be rewarded with points.

With regards,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude
1 REPLY 1
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Will Va7100 HP18 autoclone to HP13?

Hi Folks,

I see that nobody had this scenario in real life.

Well, I found out by trying out on a test VA7100 which I managed to arrange. And the conclusion is as below,

The HP18 firmware will autoclone to the replacement controller which is having HP13 firmware. This happens online and does not interrupt the array activity.

The autoclone took less than 3 minutes.

With regards,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude