1752822 Members
4390 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XP-SPI discovery problem

Bosco Tsang
Valued Contributor

XP-SPI discovery problem

I am trying to use XP-SPI for VPO to monitor the box, but when I try to discover the Xps (both 256 and 512 in the same box), it failed, reporting error in founding the *.csv files. I do check, and found under both remote console directory, there is no *.csv files at all. How can I cause Remote Console to generate these *.csv file? Or shouldn't it automatically got generated?
3 REPLIES 3
Bernard Skrlep

Re: XP-SPI discovery problem

Hi Bosco,
Configuration files should be available in c:\rmtcnsl\opc.
If not, start Remote Console application and press the 'Entry' button in the Administrator/Controller Window.
Then try to discover again...

Bernard
Bosco Tsang
Valued Contributor

Well, the csv files are simply not there, neither on the Xp256's remote console directory nor the Xp512's remote console directory. I've tried to run the remote console, and connect, then try to do the discovery, but still the same.

As it don't have it on both remote consoles, seems like it's the SPI's problem. Anyone got any idea on how to solve this?
Bernard Skrlep

From Admin guide:
With Discovery application Xp-SPI just contacts the Remote Console and interrogates it about the contents of the configuration files which (should) reside on the Remote Console. If the files are present, the information is used to
build a service tree which is uploaded to the VPO database. In addition,
the tree is added to the Java-based GUI.
-----------------------
That's way I think this is not the SPI's problem. Unfortunately I can't help you a lot with the Remote Console.