Disk Enclosures
1753360 Members
5124 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

XP1024 CA-BC SDP5.1-RMAN Backup, rman does not catalog database backup information, Why?

Changchun Teng
Advisor

XP1024 CA-BC SDP5.1-RMAN Backup, rman does not catalog database backup information, Why?

Hi all

This is a DR system, we use SDP 5.1 together with XP CA-BC function and Oracle rman to backup the database and archivelog.

Application System:
XP1024a, Superdome, Oracle9.2.0.4
Backup System:
XP1024B, RP5470, Oracle9.2.0.4, SDP5.1

The data flow is as following:

XP1024a--CA-->XP1024b--BC-->MSL 6060

We backup the database via BC, backup the archivelog from the application system.

We create two users, with different tablespaces, and two rman catalogs to store database backup and archivelog backup information:

rman -- archivelog
rmanbc -- database

The problem is:

First time, I could successfully backuped the database via BC, and the backup information was recorded in the corresponding catalog.

But when I backuped the database via BC, for the second time, the result in SDP is okay, but I could not find the backup information of the 2nd time!!! The 3rd time, and so on, I got the same result.

I guess the rman catalog may be corrupted. So I dropped, recreated, re-registered the database.

The outcome always the same.

I could only got the first backup information from the rman catalog, but I could not got the later's backup information.

So I could not restore the latest database backup, in despite of the success result of SDP.