108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XP1024 Functionality

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert Miller_4
Occasional Contributor

XP1024 Functionality

Does the XP1024 remain functioning if the SVP gets rebooted? I have hosts connected to a XP1024 and someone asked this question. If the laptop within the XP1024 is shutdown or rebooted can the hosts still access their data on the XP?
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: XP1024 Functionality

I would definitely HOPE so. The laptop should just provide the console function and all of the LUN mapping should be stored in the arrays controllers.
Dave Wherry
Esteemed Contributor

I believe so. My XP256 ran for about 2 weeks without the SVP as I was waiting for HP to replace it and get it running.
I do not think anything changed with the XP1024. It should be OK without the SVP.
hyun-seok kim
Frequent Advisor

even if SVP is die.XP will works good!!!
UNIX for all
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Yes it will work,
SVP is only for configuration and monitoring for XP Storage. So you can shut it down and check it. it will 100% work fine.

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
Reima Heimonen_1

Yes, it works but if SVP is down you can't make any changes and XP doesn't "call home". Also people from HP can't use remote access.

-Reiska

SVP gives you the console for manageability. In case of SVP reboots then XP will be functional. I have two XP512 at my site it happed so many time when I have rebooted the SVP (Note Book inside the XP) but there was no impact on the functionality on XP Disk Array.

With Regards

Gaurav