Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP10k:Change reserved settings "RM" for LDEV

bouazzaoui
Frequent Advisor

XP10k:Change reserved settings "RM" for LDEV

Hello,
All things I'm doing Are from the SVP directly
I was trying to create S-VOL for Business Copy,and I started by reserving those S-VOL through "LUN SECURITY XP EXTENSION"(bad idea!)
during the creation, I found that I did a mistake and I want to remove an LDEV
when I want to do that I started by "unreserve it"
I goes to LUN configuration Manager in order to delete it but it said: "the reserve Attribute for RAID MANAGER is set to the volume".
I goes back to WEB CONSOLE, and from "LUN SECURITY XP EXTENSION" I found on Reserve Column of this drive the "RM" OPTION Set on it
so I tried to change this attribute and I got the msg:"the reserved setting of specified volume cannot be released"
I attach some screen capture in order to provide more visibility.
if someone can help it could be useful

best regards,

1 REPLY

Re: XP10k:Change reserved settings "RM" for LDEV

Hello Reda,

What was the time frame you selected while performing a reserve on the device? The default is 6 years. Until the time period expires, you cannot change the attribute. If you wanted to set the reserve attribute for the Business Copy S-VOL, you should have gone into the Business Copy Manager screen in webconsole and then set the attribute.