108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XP128 support

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

XP128 support

I just received a quote from a vendor quoting me a used XP128 does anyone have a feel for what 1 yr of HP support would be also if I were to buy it new from HP is support bundled in with the array (I was told that 2 year HP support was included) just trying to figure out which is the best way to go
4 REPLIES 4
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

I would suggest go for a new one from HP. XP storage box are complex and there so many components which only trained HP engineer can handle and guide.

One never know how the old XP was handled and what are the glitches.

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Sanjiv Sharma_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Hook,

I will never recommend you to give for a used XP128 incase you are going to use it for some mission critical environment.

Used XP128 should be ok for a test setup.

New XP128 will come bundled with a default 1 year support contract from HP. XP128 can be handled by only trained HP Engineers and hence support is must.

HP Support contract is seperately priced. You can choose to have it for 1 year or more.
Everything is possible
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

I hear ya......thanks for the advice!

Depends what they mean by 'used'.

If they mean its been bought second hand by the vendor, or has come out of their demo centre, then the comments by the others above are correct.

If however its coming out of HP's official refurbishment program, then you can expect an 'as-new' warranty, and identical support costs as for new kit.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo