108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XP12K Performance Issue.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aeroplane
Occasional Advisor

XP12K Performance Issue.

Thanks in advance for taking time to read (and reply) to my Q.

I have been having performance problem with few hosts connected to XP12K. After some digging in I found that MP's,where these hosts are conected are running > 75%.

front end ports for these MPs are shared by 5-6 servers only and one of those is having performance issue.

Now, how can I know which host/LDEV is generating $tupid IO and filling up the whole MP?

PA doesnt show much and it's hard to get info for each LDEV from SVP monitor.

Is there any script/tool/cli you guys have? which can give me ldev IO for a list of ldev;s?

Thx again in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: XP12K Performance Issue.

You can always use Performance Advisor's CLUI to get the CSV formatted output for everything you need from XP.

If you know which LDEVs are assigned to individual host, look at them (you can see maximum 8 at a time, so you may need to work hard). Individually you can look for

-LDEV total IO
-LDEV MB Matrix

then pick the dirty apple from the group and shift it to another port.

Worth to add that having 75% utilization is not that bad, worry when it reaches 85-90%.

My 2 cents worth.
Aeroplane
Occasional Advisor

Thx for reply Amardeep.

What command do you use? I tried ldev but results doesnt look true. It doesnt match with svp output either.

Thx again,
Aeroplane
Occasional Advisor

BTW, I guess I know u from svp?
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

If the CLUI is installed look for the file "expoertdb.bat" typically it's in C:\Program files\Hewlett Packard\Performance Advisor\CLUI" directory. A sample command is:

ExportDB -st 11.27.2007 06:00:00 -et 11.28.2007 18:00:00 -hr -dver 020000 -dkc 11783 -file xyz -auth administrator:password

you can always look for exportdb help with -h option.

---
u mean to say svp,indore? write me on amar_joshi@yahoo.com
---