5772 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XP20K on AIX Server

RUET
Regular Advisor

XP20K on AIX Server

Hello all
I have to connect an XP20K to an IBM server which is configured with a VIO server and some LPAR.

Years agon to connect an XP128 on same type of IBM architecture, I had to install some drivers on the IBM vio to manage correctly XP LUNs (something like "AIX Support for HP Disk Array" dealing with odm ..)

Do you have experience on this type of configurations ?
What I have to install on the vio server ?

Thanks in adavnce guys

Pat
5 REPLIES 5
mathias.d

Hi,

On our NIM server there is a repository named LPP_SOURCES_MPIO which contains XPARRAY_MPIO_ODM_5400I XPARRAY_MPIO_ODM_5401U XPARRAY_MPIO_ODM_5402U files.

These packages give access to MPIO on the VIO and should be used also on LPAR.

there is also a binary file named "xpinfo" which can be copied on the VIO to grab lot of useful information regarding disk array. I don't know how to get this files, I copied it from another VIO system...
RUET
Regular Advisor

Thanks for these infos
Where did you get these soft ?

Of course for Xpinfo, I have it on a CD . It came with the XP20K ..
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
this could help you:
XP24/20k LUN manager users guide:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01635050/c01635050.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

XP disk array configuration guide for IBM AIX

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01414438/c01414438.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
the pain is one part of the reality
RUET
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the doc links.

They are not telling anything about adding any software ..

My concern is about , making LUN correctly available to VIO servers which are running very special AIX version (not full AIX distrib ..)
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you have a custom built AIX install perhaps you need to speak to IBM or whoever did it about this first to ensure the storage drivers/interfaces have not changed from standard.