5291 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

adding disk to netraid 1si

SOLVED
Go to solution
Edmund Schurnik_1

adding disk to netraid 1si

on a netserver e800 with netraid 1si are 4 disks attached. 1 disk (9GB) ist the bootdisk with w2k-server (as raid0); 3 disks (18GB) are configured as raid5 for oracle-db.
now i want to add a 9GB-disk to mirror the bootdisk. finally there should be 2 disks as raid1 and 3 disks stay as raid 5.
can i do this without loss data??? i don't want to install w2k-server once more!

please excuse my bad english - i hope you will understand what i mean.
thanks for your answers.
3 REPLIES 3
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: adding disk to netraid 1si

Yes, you can do what you want without loosing data, and even without restarting server. If you have not installed NetRaid Assistent install it now (To be full functional it requires restart of server, but for this job you do not have to restart.).
Start NetRaid Assistent, select your existing raid0 logical drive and your new physical disk (it is in ready state). In menus find item called change capacity / raid level, select that you want to change raid level from raid 0 to raid 1 and wait for rebuild.
Edmund Schurnik_1

Hy Enes,
thanks for your answer - it makes me happy.
without the netraid-assistent, can i do the same at the boottime (i think ctrl-m)?
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

It is possible to to the same thing with NetRaid Express Tool (ctrl-M) but I do not know exact steps in menus because I allways use netraid assistent (and I can not restart any of my servers just to check it). NetRaid Assistent is very usefull and it is highly recommened to have it installed on each server with netraid. If you do not want to make installation diskettes you can install it directly from navigator. Go to periph, netraid, nt40 (there is single navigator for both nt40 and win2k), us and start setup.