5523 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: adding disks to EVA8000 enclosure

Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

That does indeed look likely.

If you go through the various disk firmware advisories, the most recent of which I can find is here for XCS 6.000.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00801754〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=470490&prodTypeId=12169

That doesn't mention your specific drive model. So it does look as though you'll have to upgrade the XCS code. It looks like the BF1465A477 drive was probably introduced early in 2007, so is a lot newer than XCS 5.020.

Cheers,

Rob
otukile
Frequent Advisor

1. I have upgraded to the latest VCS firmware 6.1 and I am still getting the same error. "Drive not mated". This was under the recommendation from HP Competency Center. Are we the only once having a problem with this disk model?

2. I talked to another Storage Engineer about clearing the DSL. He strongly recommends that HP does it as it can corrupt data on the EVA. What is everyone's take on this clearing of the DSL and what exaclty is it?
Don't panic
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

To get the disks that were marked as failedto work again you will have to clear the DSL. Until then you will not be able to use that disk drive anywhere in your EVA without it being marked as failed. If you don't know how to do this then get your HP technician to clear it for you.

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.