Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amber light on VA7100

Hai Nguyen_1
Honored Contributor

amber light on VA7100

Folks,

My va7100 has its amber light on and the output from "armdsp -a" produces the following warnings:

WARNING: Some or all of the metadata stored on map disks lacks redundancy.

WARNING: The configuration of the subsystem is such that one or more drives has only a single path of access to it.

In addition to those warnings, the "Disk State" of disk at M/D4 is shown as "Previously used" instead of "Included" for all other disks. There are ten 36GB disks on the array.

Please help. Thanks.

Hai
7 REPLIES
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Re: amber light on VA7100

Hello,

Can you please tell us where the amber LED is?

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Hai,
as soon as it has another VA signature written to then you need to include this disk manually 'armcfg -a'.
Do it, then look at VA activity and 'armdsp -a' output. After rebuild no warnings should appear in its output.
Also please check 'auto-inculde' option. By default it's 'On' (armmgr -i)
Eugeny
Hai Nguyen_1
Honored Contributor

Eugeny,

What will armcfg -a do? Will it correct "Previously used" into "Included"? Will it get rid of the two warnings? Please explain.

Thanks.

Hai
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Attach 'armdsp -a' output and maybe I will be able to tell you more about your VA7100
Eugeny
Hai Nguyen_1
Honored Contributor

Vincent,

The amber light is in front. Thanks.

Hai
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Hai,
armcfg -D JA2/D5 -a myArray
this command includes disk in JA2/D5 location to disk set of VA named myArray
Attach armdsp -a output!
Eugeny
PS. Hai, please evaluate answers with points... and you will see people will be helping you willingly
Hai Nguyen_1
Honored Contributor

Vincent and Eugeny,

Thanks for your help. I'd like to close this thread now.

Hai