5894 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: armdsp on a va7400 not showing anything but exiting 0

Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

armdsp on a va7400 not showing anything but exiting 0

Hi Folks !

This is strange, I have a va7400/ds2405 installed and up and running on a a clustered HP-UX 11.00 rp7400.

The strange thing is that I'm not able to run armdsp -i (or -a) to get info on the array.

I turned the shell traces on and I got:

+ java -Djava.security.policy=/opt/sanmgr/commandview/../hostagent/config/sec.policy -DPAN_CONFIG=..
/config/PanConfigParams.txt -Dhpux.im.disable=true -DInitialDir=/ -classpath /opt/sanmgr/commandview
/client/classes/clui.jar:/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/classes/jcore.jar:/opt/sanmgr/commandview/cl
ient/classes/hostcompsdk.jar:/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/classes/panutils.jar:/opt/sanmgr/command
view/client/classes/sandevice.jar:/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/classes/dev_obj/cassinidevobj.jar:/
opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/classes/DOFactory.jar com.hp.Array2001Mgr.clui.armdsp -i

+ ExitVal=0
+ exit 0

It completes successfully but it does not show anything ...
On the second node (sharing the same array) the commands work fine so that the array is ok.

Have you ever experienced anything like this ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Mike
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Hi Mike,
check if you have java JRE installed on this host (I'm not sure if CommandView do install it with itself, but should). Check if host agent and opendial daemons are running. If you do not want to deal with these details simply try reinstalling CommandView (note: latest version is 1.06)
Eugeny
Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

Hi Eugeny !

I tried to run armdiscover -v on the host and luckily I got in touch with the array.

Thanks anyway !

Ciao !

Mike
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Mike,
that's excellent. But are you sure in your initial post that it 'does not show anything'? I believe it should tell 'VA arrays not found' or something like this?
BTW, it's not good idea to run CV on both nodes. They will poll for logs and other data and 'steal' this data from each other. I suggest to use only one host to manage VA, but stop CV on another (to be able to start it if needed)
Eugeny
Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

Hi !

Yep, it did not show anything. I tried to run the armdsp -a using the ID I got from the other node and simply it exited 0.

A kind of strange ... regarding the CV on clustered nodes, I'll ask about it to our architecture dept, thanks !

Cheers,

Mike
Fabrice Meynard
Frequent Advisor

Hi Mike,

you say you used armdsp -a with the ID you had on the other node, does it want to say on the first node neither armdiscover and armdsp are working ?
Have you got processes dial_trigger and HA_trigger runing ?
Try to stop CommandView on the node where it is working, run armdiscover on the other node after armdsp -a. Sometimes two or more CommandView on the same SAN can have strange behavior.
Wath commandView version and array firmware are you working with ?

Fabrice