1752518 Members
5300 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

array is not rebuilding in DL380

Suraj Maskey

array is not rebuilding in DL380

hi,
In my DL380 G4 server, there are 2 HDDs 146.8 G each. Last week my HDD 1 which have scsi id 0 failed there is no activity on the drive. so i replaced it with new one. again there is no activity on hdd. so i replaced Back plane of the server. but till now i'm having same problem. i've OS/2 on in it, so , i'm unable to take any back up. now i rebooted the server and see on ACU it is asking for HDD with ID9 but thre is no place of ID 9.
plz. i can easiely rebuild new array with new 2 HDD. but when i insert the HDD having the OS/2 it againg begain to show the same message and HDD 1 (ID0) has no activity
4 REPLIES 4
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Re: array is not rebuilding in DL380

Hi Suraj,

i am afaraid to inform you that in this case you need to recreate the array, I have faced this quiet a times on field, unfortunately no fix till now, You can wait for some more comments but I really doubt any solution for this issue.

Thanks
Andy
Suraj Maskey

hi andy, thanx for your reply

today morning i got down time for the same server, i've checked in ACU. it shows

SCSI ID 1 and ID 9 are in the array.
(where my ID 9 is failed)
SCSI ID 0 on the next . which is inserted in Bay 0 (The acutal should ID 0 and it is same). now i want to delete one ID from ACU but not confirmed which has to be deleted. ID 0 or 9, because i have OS/2 on ID 1. I don't have any backup so plz kindly share me your idea. here i've attached ADU report, i can send ACU snapshot since i've to take logs in offline mode using SS CD.
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Hi Suraj,

I have checked the ADU, nothing much apart from the failure information, also in the disk info the ID 9 Product Rev Unknown
Serial Number Unknown
Last Failure Reason Timeout. Its a false ID. Did you try reseating the drive after it failed?? The system is up right, why cant you take a backup and go ahead with recreating the array.

Andy
Suraj Maskey

Hi andy, thanx for your quick response

I've OS/2 installed on it.
i've no idea to backup for it.
I want to be sure that i'll not loose any data.
if you've any idea to take backup from OS/2 plz kindly share me idea.

if i can not get any backups i'll go for new array creation and installing OS.