5662 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

can´t see the disk from the storage

Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

can´t see the disk from the storage

Dear all,

I have 2 servers HP ProLiant DL 380 G5 in cluster connected to HP StorageWorks Smart Array Modular 500 G2.

After a power problem one of the node lost his connections with the storage, the another node took over and the application is working now.

My question now is, how do I find out what is the problem. why the node-A is not accessing the storage.

I restarted the server and from the Bios screen i manager to access the storage and see al l the disk there but from the OS (Windows 2003 Server) I can´t mapp the volumes.

Best regards

nelson chamba\

P.S. This thread has been moved from Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Enterprise) to Disk Array - Hp forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

Re: can´t see the disk from the storage

Dear all,

Both servers are connected with the server via SCSI. From the BIOS storage configuration I can access the storage and can see 4 hdds installed there. But the problem is when the OS boots I can´t see nothing on my computer.

Using ACU on the failed node I can see the the 642 controller and another one MSA 500 G2 Controller, and the 642 controler has nothing assigned to him just the MSA 500 G2 controller is the one who sees the disk.

Any idea how do I bring these device to my screen?

Best regards,
Nelson Chamba\