1753701 Members
4738 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: configure BIOS in 3200 Array Controller

Brian Tilley

configure BIOS in 3200 Array Controller

Hi,

I am trying to configure a ProLiant 6400R with a SmartArray 3200 controller, with two Seagate SCSI 36GB drives. Using SmartStart 5.50 I can configure the controller but when I boot the machine it does not find the hard drives. The Array Configuration Utility says the error is both drives are 'not stamped for monitoring. The drive info says 'Stamped for M&P:no'. Do I need to configure the controller BIOS? Any suggestions or links to how-to documentation greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Brian
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi brian,

not sure if this will help at all, as im not familiar with the 6400r.
however, all the other newer proliants that i worked on, i have had to configure the SA card to be the boot controller in the server Bios.

These others you have to select F9 to enter the RBSU(rom bios setup utility). look for the boot controller order option and change the onboard to the Sa card.
failing that there should be an option in the smart start cd to change the order, but usually tells you to reboot to the RBSU

Andy
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

The m&p bit is set on the drive itself. Are the drive HP/Compaq ones? If not that is probably why it is not working. I think the M&P bit should be off because s.m.a.r.t. is taking care of the drive monitoring and is more advanced than m&p, but i can't find this info anywhere...

Leon
Brian Tilley

The drives are Seagate. trying to reset the accelerator value did not work (nor resetting any other of the options available with the SmartStart utility program).

Brian