3772 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

data recovery from HP autoraid

GNOM
Frequent Advisor

data recovery from HP autoraid

Hi all,

After a disk failure on HP autoraid 12H array, I got data unvailable warning. After many unsuccessful rebuid operations, I think I'm going to loss data.
Now I just need to recover data of one LUN. I configured 7 LUN on the ARRAY.
My question is that Is: "Is it possible to recover a part of data after failure or I will all the data ?"

Thanks for your help
2 REPLIES 2
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: data recovery from HP autoraid

Loss of data in one of these old arrays normally requires the loss of more than one disk. I suspect you had disabled Active Hot Spare in order to maximize capacity so that when a second drive failed you had lost redundancy. Because of the way the AutoRAID stores data over all available disks, I suspect that you will not be able to recover anything useful. With an AutoRAID, it's simply not possible to say that LUN1 resides on disks A1,B1, and A2, for example.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Robert Salter
Respected Contributor

Re: data recovery from HP autoraid

It all depends on how your 12H was configured. Any hot spares? Doesn't sound like it. If you got a message that data's unavailable, and after replacing the defective disk a rebuild isn't successful in restoring your data. Then it's time to restore from your latest backup. How many file systems are on each LUN? You may only have to restore the ones asociated with that particular LUN.
Time to smoke and joke