1748051 Members
4796 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ds-ba35x-fb

Tom Wallin
Occasional Contributor

ds-ba35x-fb

We are adding 14 4.3 GB scsi HDDs into the Storage Works shelves. We have DUAL PORT ULTRA WIDE SCSI CARDs. What I need is the switch settings for the cards. There are 2 sets of dip switches. We already have one shelf populated and working. Can't find anything on the HP/Compaq web site.

Tom Wallin
4 REPLIES 4
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: ds-ba35x-fb

Please provide model numbers and manufacturers for drives, cards, and shelves. Also, make and model of server, and what OS it's running (including patch level). We can't help you unless we know what you have.

-Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Tom Wallin
Occasional Contributor

We have the following
1. Alpha 4100
2. BA36R-RC ~ Storage Shelf
3. 7 ea DS-RZ1DB-VW 9.1GB HDDs
4. 14 ea DS-RZ29B-VW 4.3GB HDDs
5. DS-BA35X-FB Dual Port UltraWide SCSI card for the above referenced Shelf.
6. 3ea KZPAC SCSI controllers w/ v2.70 firmware
7. True64 Unix v4.0F PK7
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Tom,

Attached is a .GIF of the DS-BA35X-FB showing the two sets of dip switches.

S4 is bus termination
S3 is address range.

For bus termination, it depends on how you cable things. If this shelf is at the end of a chain or the only shelf on a SCSI chain, you need to turn termination on. (I'm assuming this is your config.) To turn all termination on, Set dip switch 1 and 3 to OFF. To disable termination, put all 4 dip switches ON.

For address range... if this is the first shelf in a chain, all the switches should be OFF. If it's the 2nd shelf in a chain, set dip switches 1, 2, and 3 to ON. All others should be off.

I think that should do you.

Good luck!

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Tom Wallin
Occasional Contributor

Your answer was perfect. It turns out that my problem was relatewd to the fact that my vendor sent me a single channel BA356 when we requested a dual channel. I had sent the single channel personality module, DS-BA35x-FA back for exchange but in experience on this equipment made me miss the fact that I needed a terminator exchanged for the jumper on the back of the BA356 behind slot 6.
Anyway thanks so much for your help.