Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eva performance~

???_185
Regular Advisor

eva performance~

I'll use eva3000 soon.The configuration is 2C1D. the sum of disk is 1of 10k and 146G.
disk is connected with 2Gb switch.
1. At a appearence, how can I distinguish sata disk and fata.
and, I found disk performance of eva3000 is that Sustained I/O and MB Throughput Up to 141K IOPS and up to 700MB/s throughput per Controller Pair on document.
2. How can I interpret this 141K IOPS AND 700MB/s and if send 1G data same disks, how does it speed per second?

5 REPLIES
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: eva performance~

The EVA does not use SATA disk drives - either FC/SCSI or FATA (something like FC/ATA).

Please realize that you will *NEVER* have that performance with just 14 disk drives! You better give use a pointer to that document, because I think I can safely claim that you will *NEVER* be able to reach these values with an EVA3000.
???_185
Regular Advisor

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I have seen them and I still maintain that expecting 141K IOPS AND 700MB/s (the specifications say 335MB) in production use is being unrealistic. I bet both values have been obtained using different, specifically tuned benchmarks making heavily use of the cache.

141000 IOPS / 56 disks ~= 2517 IOPS/disk

Show me a single mechanical disk drive that can deliver that in a real-life situation!

Those values are only good to show how powerful the controller is.
???_185
Regular Advisor

I am so sorry.I don't understand what does
single mechanical disk means?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

What I meant is:
those high IOPS and MB/s values cannot come from physical disk I/O only - there is heavy caching (use of silicon memory inside the controllers) being used.