New Discussion юеВ

Re: eva4110 failover problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

eva4110 failover problem

Hi everyone!
First of all, i've already posted this message in "windows" category, but now i'm not sure, that my problem has windows root cause.
I have an eva 4100 with two servers connected through two switches exactly like it's described in "starter kit quick install guide". Windows 2003 x64 is installed on server.
First, there was an SP1 installed, so i had a problems when i tested systems redundancy by switching off on of san-switches: first, i switched off first switch, waited for some time and everything worked fine, i turned it on, waited for about five minutes (i think thats quite enough), and turned off the second switch - after that system just hanged up. I tried to change the preferred path in dsm manager manually, and system also hanged up. I found, that's a problem in MS with multipathing software, and installed SP2. After that i have no problem with changing preferred path in dsm, but still i have a problem, when i turn off switch (during some copy operation on eva volumes), waiting for awhile, turning it back on, waited until all paths in dsm manager are available, and turning off another switch. After that system cannot access volumes on eva and hangs up. I think, that's an eva problem, but i'm not really sure.
Maybe i should upgrade eva's firmware? Or, maybe i sould go and by some brain?...
6 REPLIES 6
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
the following components must be fully compatible: List your version of the following pls:
HBA BIOS, firmware, driver, Multipath driver.
Also the switch and the storage firmware
the pain is one part of the reality
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

HBA: Qlogic
BIOS: 1.09
Firmware: 4.00.23
(ROM info)
EFI version: 1.05
FCode version: 1.12
Firmware: 4.00.70

Multi-Path support driver version: 1.19.3790.2076
HBA drive version: 9.1.3.16
EVA controller driver version: 5.0.0.1

EVA software version: CR0ECAxc3p-6110
Switch firmware: 5.1.0b

All servers have the same hardware, software and drivers version.
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
one more detail needed, what is the Qlogic HBA model name/part number pls?
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

HP FC1142SR 4Gb PCI-E HBA, p\n: AE311A
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
The HBA Storport driver version: 9.1.3.18 is the newest, but 9.1.3.16 should be fine, (Microsoft HotFix KB932755 or later required).
BIOS: should be 1.26 (1.64)
Firmware: Loaded from driver
Multi-Path driver: HP MPIO FF DSM 3.00.00
EVA software version: CR0ECAxc3p-6110 is the latest supported
Switch firmware: 5.1.0b is pretty old, the version 5.31 is recommended.

Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Thanks a lot for a comprehensive answer! One more question: is there any way to find such information about versions compatibility?