1753485 Members
4149 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hsv110 boot problem: stucked at "BOOT DIAGNOSTIC"

noelski
Occasional Advisor

hsv110 boot problem: stucked at "BOOT DIAGNOSTIC"

I have an hsv110 controller that wont boot and only displays " BOOT DIAGNOSTICS RAM TEST PASSED".I connected a console via the UART port and no display at all.
3 REPLIES 3
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Re: hsv110 boot problem: stucked at "BOOT DIAGNOSTIC"

Hi,
Do you just have one ctrl and nothing else ?? or do you have 2 ctrls and some shelves?? A bit more info would be useful for people to help you.
There is no point you connecting to the uart port at the back. You manage EVA's via command view eva s/w from a windows server in the fabric. The uart port is for advanced diags and HP internal only.
If you supply more info then someone may be able to help you out.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
noelski
Occasional Advisor

actually it's a two-controller setup in redundant mode and do have disk enclosures connected to it.it was working fine previously with a console connected to the uart.i had to have a console because it usually stops at those messages.It displays the boot-up process until it stop in the selection menu.at that point you will see the said messages at the OCP.i'll just press "g" or control-r to resume booting.it used to work that way until now that it just stucked at those messages at the OCP and no display at console at all.im pretty sure i had the hyperterminal configuration correctly as i used to.am i missing something here.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Well, that is not "normal" as the EVA should just powerup all the way during a normal boot. That suggests to me that at some point "somebody" has set a flag either from the OCP or via command view fieldservice page. You can also set it from the serial port as well. However, as I said earlier this is NOT for customer use and nor are the other methods.
I would suggest that you log a call with HP and get them to sort it out especially if this is a production system .
NOT a good idea to mess around with the flags yourself unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...