6749 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

incorrect size of HDD

Igor Serdyuk
Occasional Contributor

incorrect size of HDD

Hi All,

My HP array Model 30 incorrectly recognizes a HDD drive. How I can correct the size of disk manually? Is exists next stage menu after FE mode?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: incorrect size of HDD

Igor,
- which part number is sticked to the drive cage (Axxxx-6xxxx)?
- what's written on the disk front panel (size)?
- which inquiry string it displays (model string)?
Eugeny
Igor Serdyuk
Occasional Contributor

A5133 18GB HDD IBM recognizes as 1 GB HDD

Disk is 18 GB, on the front panel is 18 GB
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

the other disks in the LUN are what? If you have a 5 disk lun, and all but one are 18G the effective capacity of each disk is taken as the lowest capacity in the lun.

Anything in the logs about disk problems? Check the logs when you are in FE mode, it will show more info.

Ctrl-P, shift F E at the presentation screen to go into FE mode. Ctrl-P, shift U S E R, to go back into user mode.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Igor Serdyuk
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bill,

that is separate disk with no LUN assigned. It was a problem when the new disk was formating it was pulled out from array by user.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Igor,
as soon as these disks are OEMed from IBM, but having HP firmware, disk array was formatting it on the low level, and now you need HP CE tools to revive it. You may try to find a way how to do it from field engineer mode using disk array serial connection. Otherwise the disk is not usable any more
Eueny
Igor Serdyuk
Occasional Contributor

Eugeny,

I've tryed to use FE mode, but there is no option to format disk.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately I did not find an option how to force array to format disk too. But do you know why array started to format the disk when it was pulled ot of there? Can you reproduce this condition once more to force reformat?
You can try to update disk's firmware, but I do not believe it will help (but may).
I afraid you need to call HP and ask for help
Eugeny
Igor Serdyuk
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Eugeny