1753485 Members
4281 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: install

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

install

I want to install Windows2000 on a Array with a smart2 (3200)
controller. The Problem is, that I need a driver for the Dos-Mode
Part of the Intallation (also the txtsetup.oem). Where can I get this driver?

regards
Achim
5 REPLIES 5
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

you don't need dos. w2k has the driver already, just boot off the cd or of the 4 bootdisks you can make off of the cd. just make sure your partition you are installing to is under 5gb, there is a bug in the driver that is fixed in sp1.
what is your firmware though, i can't get w2k to boot with any version 3.xx or 4.xx firmware. there is some problem later revisions of the firmware must have introduced. very annoying, so is having no TXTSETUP.OEM in with the nt and w2k drivers. i am using firmare revision 02.14.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks harlock ... good information .
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Compaq 5000
Smart 2/5 Array Controller
2 4.3 GB hot plug drives

I've got the same problem and the solution offered doesn't seem to work. My CD doesn't boot so I made up the four boot disks for w2k and hit the F6 key to add the Smart Array Controller driver. That didn't load of course as the txtsetup.oem wasn't there, but w2k does load a driver for Compaq Smart Array off disk 3. The end result is that no partitions are found and w2k aborts. There is something missing here. Even the downloadable Compaq System Configuration disks ask for the Array Configuration Utility (ACU) which is windows based. Kind of a Catch-22 situation. Can't install w2k as there are no logical partitions and the software to create the logical partions is windows based ? Is there a solution ?

Murray
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

you either have to find the rompaq (i don't remember which number it was anymore) with ACU 1.2 in it, it will run from dos and you can create partitions to install w2k to or boot off a smartstart cd, if you have one, and the partitions can be created with the ACU utility there.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I found from other threads in this forum that ACU (Array Configuration Utility) ver 1.20 B is the last DOS based version. The softpaq number is SP6263.EXE. It worked for my Smart 2/P Array controller.