New Discussion юеВ

Re: maximum Nimber of Enclosyre trays in EVA4100

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

maximum Nimber of Enclosyre trays in EVA4100

Hello All,

I have a an HP EVA4100 with 2 Disk Enclosures (Trays). Each enclosures have 14 disks. There is a new FATA 1TB disks and planned to use that as the near-online disks.

Is it possible to add a new tray for the FATA disks. I know we need a minimum of 8 disks to form a group. What is the maximum number of trays supported on a EVA4100.

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Jayaprakash S
4 REPLIES 4
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro
Solution

HI,

You can add disk enclosure for 1TB drives.

The max supported configuration is 2C4D that 4 disk enclosures.

Regards,

Prakash SIngh
Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!
Bulent ILIMAN
Trusted Contributor

you should check for the VCS of the EVA and be sure you are on a supporting one for the 1 TB drives, I am replying on mobile so not able to check the required one.

another point spreading the disks accross the enclosures is preferred to distribute the risk of an enclosure failure, this will take some time by removing and adding older disks one at a time if you need to add the enclosure without a downtime. if you plan to shutdown the EVA, than just unplug and distribute older disks to newly added enclosure and create slots for the new drives on all of the four enclosures

sorry for typos
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It is general recommandation to have latest firmware before going to upgrade an exisiting EVA. For supporting 1TB FATA Drives, the XCS should be minimum 6110. If your EVA current xcs is less than this try to upgrade to latest 6220 and upgrade the disks.

Siva...
Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Hello All,

Thank you all for the prompted reply. I have the latest firmware 6220 now. I got the information what i have needed. Thanks a lot.

Jayaprakash S