New Discussion юеВ

Re: msa-1000 acu

SOLVED
Go to solution
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Carlos,
"homogeneous environment" means "one operating system".
Carlos_172
Frequent Advisor

Uwe,

Then is it possible to share same MSA with diffent os's? I mean creating different LUNs and each of this one conected ONLY with one OS. One of this attached to HP-UX and another to Windows 2003.

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

According to the latest SAN design guide, HP-UX is not listed in the heterogeneous SAN support (= different OSes) table, so I think the answer is NO :-(

Please keep in mind that many operating systems can deal with both controllers, but it is not possible with HP-UX - you are limited to single path configurations.

If you mix a multi-path OS with HP-UX and the other OS does a controller failover, HP-UX will loose complete access to the MSA1000!
mv53

Carlos,

not sure if you're still following this thread, but in reference to your very first question (ACU CLI for HP-UX) - yes, there is now one available for both, MSA1000 and MSA1500, albeit not as powerful as on Linux, for example. Still, you may want to give it a try. It beats accessing the MSA CLI via serial port and Kermit on HP-UX...

Note - follow the procedure below exactly - I've found it difficult to locate the support software cd any other way. Maybe someone can reduce the amount of steps needed other than posting the actual URL (which is http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=415598&prodNameId=415600&swEnvOID=181&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co-47048-1 as of the time of this posting).

Here's where you can find the hpacucli and SCU for HP-UX - download this file (even though not HP-UX):

1) go to http://www.hp.com/go/msa1500cs
2) click on "Support for your product" on the right side
3) click on "Download drivers and software"
4) click on "HP StorageWorks 1500cs Modular Smart Array"
5) click on "Microsoft 2000" (yes, even for HP-UX)
6) click on or scroll down to "Driver - Storage"
7) download the "MSA1500 Support Software CD (ISO)" under "Drivers - Storage"
8) open the iso image with Nero Image Drive (if you have) or burn it to a CD
9) find the hpacucli depot for HP-UX on the "MSA1500 Support Software CD" under directory "\HPACUCLI\HP-UX" and the directory for the respective architecture below that
10) find the SCU scripts for HP-UX on the same "MSA1500 Support Software CD" under directory "\HP-UX\SCU" and the directory for the respective architecture below that

Best of luck,

Markus Vogt
Michael S. Forrest

Thanks Everyone for the info, I have utilized this info even in the year 2011 :)

regards,

MichaelF
rianui
Trusted Contributor

Carlos,

Thank you for asking this particular question!

mv53,

You are the best! I spent hours on the web and then I found this. Thanks more for the links you provided. They saved me so much trouble.

Regards,

Rianui