1752770 Members
5676 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: need to upgrade autoraid firmware

Garry Kibler
Occasional Advisor

need to upgrade autoraid firmware

I have an autoraid that's at firmware level HP56, and would like to upgrade it before installing the OS on the system it's been attached to. I've been surfing the HP pages for an hour but haven't been able to find anything.

Is there anywhere online I can download the current firmware, and create a bootable tape to install the firmware from?

Thanks!!!
Don't panic
5 REPLIES 5
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

That's not the way it's done. You download the firmware file (which you must have found) and then you copy the firmaware to a host computer. You then run the 'download' utility specifying the firmware file and the unique array id.

I've done several of these and have never had a problem but you might feel safer calling your HP Mr. Goodwrench.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Autoraid Firmware is here:

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=hpsurestor19162&l=en&c=Firmware

Good idea to upgrade before loading data onto the array, more pucker-factor doing it under production.

Manuals for the 12H are here:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/manindex/hpsurestor19162_eng_man.html

Either the user guide or the service guide should have specific instructions for firmware upgrades. It isn't very difficult, but you may want to read up on it first...

Regards, --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Hank Eggers
Frequent Advisor

We upgraded both of our 12h autoraid boxes from HP56 to HP62 when they were in production (after taking a couple of backups) and it was a piece of cake. We had HP CE's do it and I would recommend them taking care of it if you have support.
paul courry
Honored Contributor

Just remember, if the firmware upgrade goes south then the HP rep must replace the EPROM to get the Autoraid to work again.

So I suggest you do this when you can afford some downtime should things go badly.