108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: netraid 1m

SOLVED
Go to solution
Manuel Mendoza
Established Member

netraid 1m

I cannot add one hard disk and grow my RAID Level. I have one hard disk in RAID 0 and want to add a second hard disk to him to make a RAID 1, but adjustment level appears deactivated.

1. - Server already havent two hard disks working in RAID 1.
2. - Failure one hard disk and when making a test of rebuilding the operating system don??t start.
3. - Whit netraid express tool, clean configuration and I leave the disc that not failed working in RAID 0.
4. - When i wanted add a new hard disk and to grow the adjustment to RAID level to RAID 1 option to change the adjustment level appears disable.
Hardware:
Server LC2000
Windows 2000 Server
Netraid 1m
Hard disks of 18Gb
Bios and firmware updates.
What more I can do?
tries by means of netraid express tool, cleaning configuration and creating a RAID 1 with Hard disks without initializing them of course, but the system when starting it remains blocked.

Please i need someone to help me!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Ricardo Rocha
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi

Try this

Clear config. Put both disks. Create Lun with Raid 1 without initializing it. Save config and reboot. Stop server. Remove empty disk. Start server. System will warn you that content is degraded. Goto express tools (ctrl+M). Insert 2nd disk and rebuild Raid. Reboot server and see what happens.

Good luck
"there is this old man who spent so much of his life sleeping that he is able to keep awake for the rest of his years"
Manuel Mendoza
Established Member

Hi Ricardo:

i made almost all your solution, but modify last step.
"Clear config. Put both disks. Create Lun with Raid 1 without initializing it. Save config and reboot. Stop server. Remove empty disk. Start server. System will warn you that content is degraded"
at this point i start windows 2000 and start netraid assistant, put new disk and inmediatly start rebuild automatic.
but it fails when 70% rebuild made, so i will try whit another disk soon.

thanks

e4services
Honored Contributor

It is the NetRAID 1M card. Both the 1M and 4M are a bit finicky
Hot Swap Hard Drives