108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: official support for RSM ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patrice Bourdon
Frequent Advisor

official support for RSM ?

Hi, due to a lot of problems with rsm after reinstalling server, is there an official support for rsm ? can i call HP with my EVA refs to obtain support ?
I just reinstalled rsm (release 2) and restore old database but in console, storage system operationnal state is 'unknown' and in configuration panel 'eva management server' i get a 'authorization_failure'... is it an account problem ? something else ? it makes me crazy :(((
11 REPLIES 11
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, we provide support for RSM, it's installation, basic configuration and usage of the included scripts.
The first thing you must do after installing RSM is to go to Options, Storage systems and provide the IP address, User name and password of the server with Command View. RSM needs communication with command view to do everything.
Check that you have access to Command View, logging though http://IP_ADDRESS:2372/command_view_eva

The user must be on "HP Storage Admins" group in Windows.
Patrice Bourdon
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

my command view port is 2381, not 2372, is it a problem ? it always was 2381 for me and command view (4.2) works fine.
I use the same account (from local and domain admins, and memeber of special groups created by rsm installer) for logging in command view, rsm, and properties of storage agent login (in rsm configuration).
The logs complains about "no match found for security role "Manage_HP_Storage" in the deployment descriptor for ejb logconfig" ...
where to find or create this role ?

TIA
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You're working with very old versions. RSM 2.0 supports Command View 4.1.x and 5.0.x.
Any special reason for not migrating to RSM 3.x and Command View 6 or 7?
Patrice Bourdon
Frequent Advisor

my current version of rsm is 3 (so i believe it's good), for command view i only found patches ( 5.x, 6.x , 7.x) on hp web site, i think i have to buy recent version of command view ?
Patrice Bourdon
Frequent Advisor

hi, i just found that password acces was not set in command view agent options "Storage System Password Access".
I set up a password (the same that i enter for loging in command view) and set it in RSM access configuration, but... same problem !
Always a problem with security role Manage_HP_Storage...
(see attached compressed screenshot for complete log)
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You must use compatible versions of Command View and RSM. Old RSM works with Old Command view, the new version does not.
Both are free, you do not need to pay for them.

Check: http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01289178/c01289178.pdf page 5.

Command View 6.0 (full version) here:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL16255/co-43018-1

Update to 6.02 here:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL17042/co-46715-1

RSM 3.0 here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3439218&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=315919&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005
Patrice Bourdon
Frequent Advisor

hi,

i already installed rsm 3, i have CV 6.02 patch, i'm downloading CV 6.0 and i tell you.

thanks
Patrice Bourdon
Frequent Advisor

hi, i need CV5 before installiong CV6... have you the link to CV5.0 ? (there's too much things browssing hp ftp site..)

Thanks
Patrice Bourdon
Frequent Advisor

it seems to install after uninstalling cv 4.2... i resume my tests...