108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pairdisplay error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

I am sorry since it is one way communication.

1. dev_group is same as volume group.

BC1_PRBIDDAT prbiddat.1-1(R) (CL1-A ,12, 5-0)55239 63..P-VOL PSUS, 0 219 W

2. this disk is one we foind on the volume group already working just fine

Very Good.

3. Now in the following Ldev/disk you have to give a name different than BC1_PRBIDDAT and then do paircreate.

BC1_PRBIDDAT prbiddat.1-2(R) (CL1-A , 0, 2-0)55239 293..SMPL ----,----- ---- -
this one is the disk which we used to extend the volume group with.

I am sure we now understand each other.

sks

A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

I am leaving office. Will resume on Monday. All the best.

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Hello Bakang

Has the issue resolved?

sks
Bastien Yvon

Hi,
I think your horcm.conf files are not good, normaly, the state of the local (L) and remote (R) volumes are the same, the local volume cannot be PSUS and the remote volume SMPL. They must be (L) P-VOL PSUS and (R) S-VOL SSUS or (L) SMPL and (R) SMPL. Verify your TID with RAIDSCAN and adjust your horcmxx.conf files. Verify also you exported HORCM_INST=xxx and HORCC_MRCF=1

Then, you will just have to do a paircreate on your new disk (these that are SMPL) with this command on the :

paircreate -g BC1PRBIDDAT -d prbiddat.1-2 -f xxx -vl
Agnes_1

Hi,

paircreate -g BC1PRBIDDAT -d prbiddat.1-2 -f xxx -vl does xxx mean the one used by HORCM_INST=xxx.

Please clarify the use of -f in paircreate
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

-f [CTGID] Specify the fence_level(never/status/data/async)

"fence level" is set up on the MCU. The fence level is a way to maintain the data integrity despite the distance that can between MCU and RCU:

1. data: This fence level is intended to maintain full data integrity at all times. If the RCU is down, all I/O to the P-Vol is prohibited.

2. status: A status level fence requires RAID Manager XP and a network connection between supported hosts. The RAID Managers contact each other to verify if the RCU is down but the ESCON connection is up; I/O to the MCU is still allowed.

3. never: MCU I/O is never interrupted.

sks
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Hello Bastien

I understood from the post as below:

1. Few Ldev were in the PSUS (Split) mode in the BC.

2. Subsequently few more LDEV were added in the horcm configuration and their status was correctly shown as SMPL (simplex - not currently paired).

3. Now these new added Ldevs have to be part of another group so as to use paircreate -g command.

sks

Olebile Molefi_1
Occasional Advisor

To All,

The scenerio is that we had volumes working jus fine and we could do Business Copy. Now becoz of the growth in our Production DB we had to extend the volumes, this we did. Now the disks we added are all in SMPL and the ones that were already there in the volumes are PSUS.

We need to move to a point where all the volumes are consistent so that we could do a Business Copy?
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

My understanding is correct.

You have to do another paicreate using a new dev_group or volume group (different from BC1_PRBIDDAT) in the horcm configuration file.

Steps have been covered in my previous posts.

sks