Disk Enclosures
1752576 Members
4666 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pairdisplay question

pairdisplay question

Hi:

I am updating BC configuration for two servers, to add three new BC pairs. Before add the new BC pairs, I am executing pairdisplay -fd -g and I see two pairs (among all already configured) showing "Unknown" where the device file its supossed to be (either in primary or secondary volume line, depending on the server where I issue the command from).

But when I add the three new pairs, restart the instances and do pairdisplay -fd -g again, then added BC pairs show "Unknown" in place of device file, and the other ones (including those who showed "Unknown" before)... are fine!!!

Any racional explanation for this behavior? Thanks a lot in advance for any help.
3 REPLIES 3
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Before I answer can you confirm (either by assigning point or by reply) whether my replies to your thread were correct/ok.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=628649

Have you done the paircreate for the newly added pairs?

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.

Hi, Sanjay:

The tasks you had already been done by XP admin's when they created the pair, so I had not to do it again.

Additionally, as you can see in my new post, the really strange thing is this: disk previously showing "Unknown" status stopped to do so when I added the new pairs, and instead the new pairs show this. I am almost to believe it is a bug in the Raid Manager software.

Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Some extract from the link given below:

-fd displays the relationship between the Device_File and the paired volumes, based on the group (as defined in the local instance configuration definition file). If
Device_File column shows unknown to either the local or the remote host (instance), then it shows a volume that is not recognized on the current host, and pair
operations are rejected (except the local option -l in protection mode).

Have a look at RAID Manager Guide at the following link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg28385/lpg28385.pdf

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.