1752703 Members
5387 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: persistent reservation for mpx100b hosts

jjflash
Advisor

persistent reservation for mpx100b hosts

When defining hosts in Command View 9.1, I can't choose the "custom" type for iscsi hosts. I need this to allow for persistent reservation. Is this supported?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

Hello jjflash,
Could you clarify what exaclty you looking for. iscsi host presentation video are available on below link

http://hpbroadband.com/(S(uepifhe1j4po0155oea3i245))/program.aspx?key=02162006evaiscsivideo

Best Regards
Dileep
jjflash
Advisor

To get persistent reservation to work I need to specify a Custom host type with the hex value "00000004198009A8". However, for iSCSI hosts, I am not able to choose the Custom option because it simply is not present.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Go back into the "add hosts" CV menu option and look for the "iscsi" box next to the "fibre channel" box -this is the default.
The drop down menu options will then change and you can select your iscsi initiator host from here.
Persistent reservations is done from the windows server end in the iscsi initiator setup box not in CV.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
jjflash
Advisor

Hi Mark,
The iSCSI hosts have already been defined. The problem is that the CV won't allow me to set an iSCSI host type to Custom, because the option is not present in the dropdown list.

The option is present for fiber channel hosts.

Thanks
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

are you trying to add some OS which not there in the CV list? i believe all the supported OS are already listed there.
jjflash
Advisor

from c00710606.pdf:

Make sure the Windows Local Host mode is enabled for each node on the Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) through command view. Depending on what command view you have installed, if in the drop-down there is no "Microsoft Windows LH" then choose custom and type in the custom type field the following HEX number 00000004198009A8.

I need to use the Custom option for my iSCSI hosts but the option is just not present in the OS dropdown.
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

i have just gone through the page127 on below link which talks about configuring iscsi luns in CVEVA. its not talking any thing specific about custome setting for iscsi luns.
if you are under HP Support , i would suggest to consult with HP support team and please let us know the results.
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01784598/c01784598.pdf

Regards
Dileep
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
The "custom" setting is ONLY for fibre channel. It is NOT for iSCSI.
In CV if there is NO menu option for it then you are not able to select it!!
As stated above, all the currently supported OS's are in the drop down list.
If you want one that is not specified in the list then you will have to consult HP and they will/should be able to advise you of the setting to select.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
jjflash
Advisor

after some time with hp support it turns out that the mpx100 does not support clustering