108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

problem about va7400 reconfiguration

stephen peng
Valued Contributor

problem about va7400 reconfiguration

dear all,
i need to reconfigure a va7400, the following are some problems it raised:
1,i need to configure the raid5 raid level to the va7400, but there is no "raid5" option of the armmgr -C comman, can i just use the armmgr -C raid5 VA command?
2,i want to use armfmt comman to initial the v7400, will all the LUN configuration lose after that, and at this moment, can i configure the va7400 in the OS mode, not in the serial cable conneting mode?
3,when i run armdsp -i command in OS mode, i can get the va7400 information, but when i run armdsp -a VA(alias), it told that Login Failed, and i am not authorized to access the system, and none of the cvui fuction operated in a correct way. how can i correct this? is there any corresponding relationship between the va7400 and the OS?
4,after i reconfigure the LUNs of the va7400, can i configure zones in the SAN swith and assign different LUN to different zone so that all the LUNs could be accessed solely by different host?

look forward to your reply and thanks alot
2 REPLIES 2
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Re: problem about va7400 reconfiguration

Stephen,

1. You don't have RAID5, it is autoraid (mix of raid1 and raid-5)
2. armfmt can best be done by the serial connection.
3. I advise to reinstall commandview is it is not working well, look like a soft for another OS
4. zone configuration on your switch is independant from the VA config.
stephen peng
Valued Contributor

Re: problem about va7400 reconfiguration

luk,
thank you for your reply.
1,will armfmt delete LUN0? and if it does, is it just simple to recreate LUN0 to avoid malfuction?
2, i have no CV software media, is there another method to deal with that? it seemed that the hostname of the node had been changed, it there relationship between those two thing?
3, do you mean that my plan for LUN-solely-accessed idea was not right?
thank you

stephen