3977 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rs/6 config

Samir_23
Advisor

rs/6 config

hi

I have a rackstorage/6 connected to a LC3 interfaced thro' a netRAID 1si.Three hdd's in the rs/6 in the lowercage.I wanted to add one more hdd in the upper cage to extend the existing RAID5 config.But the hdd is not being shown in the NetRaid utility.I checked the internal connections.Found that both cages are bridged properly.kept the dip switches in the default position.The lower disks are having scsi id's 4,5and6.Accrdng to the deflt sw settings the hdd's in the uppr cage shud have id's 1,2and3.If i alter the id sw setting will my raid conifg get corrupted.I don't want reconfig raid.

the hdd is working one.am planning to change the backplane of the upper cage.Before that i want to know if anything else has to be checked or adjusted?
an immdt reply will be very helpful
thanks in advance
regards
Renjith
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: rs/6 config

hi
do one test,
backup your netraid config for more security, then remove your tree hdd from the lower cage and insert the new one in the higher cage, check if your hdd apear at boot time, it may be possible that your two backplane ave the switch setted in the same way, if nothing apear check in the cable for bended pins
bye
marino
Samir_23
Advisor

Re: rs/6 config

hi meloni

Thanx for the reply.I tried the above said procedure but it didn't detect the hdd.ony diff betweenth sw setting of the upper and lower cage the switch which identifies the upper and lower cage.am planning to change the bqckplane of the upper cage.

thanx
renjith