Disk Enclosures
1753786 Members
7518 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rs12/fc and fc30

dragisa popovic

rs12/fc and fc30

we have 2 fc30 on LXr8000(nt4.0ee,mscs), but we need more space. It is impossible to order disks for fc30, so our local hp rep and their reseller sugest us to add rs12/fc . 2 fc30 are connected to clustered lxr8000 through 2 hba(one on each server) and 2 hubs. The sugestion is to add rs/12fc( plus rs12) connected to servers similarly, but without hubs( direct connection). It is important not to degrade db server performance (the clustered configuratiom is a DB/CI SAP R/3 server). HP reseller people say that performance should be better( hba are 64-bit,disks are 15k rpm, and there will be 2 parallel access to arrays(fc30 and rs/12fc) through 2 HBAs on each server). My questions are: 1) Does it work at all ? 2) What will happen to performance ?
could anyone help me,please, it is urgent
2 REPLIES 2
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Re: rs12/fc and fc30

You should identify exactly where your bottleneck is. If the bottleneck is on the fc30 adaptor then your perf probably be the same.. in most cases fc30 perf bottle neck is the controller and or the luns themselves not on the fibre loop.
How much memory and what lun configuration do you have on the fc30? Run a mstm - tools - information - run on the hw path for the fc30 controller. You can download mstm in the Support plus bundle at http://software.hp.com/SUPPORT_PLUS/

What does glance report on disk io?

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
dragisa popovic

Re: rs12/fc and fc30

Thank you Bill, but the basic question is: Does it function at all (FC30s and rs/12FC together) ?, is suggested configuration supported one?