Disk Enclosures
1753762 Members
4698 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

smart-2dh drive not rebuilding

Jamie Clarke

smart-2dh drive not rebuilding

I have a compaq proliant 800 with a Smart2dh array (drives in external F1). A drive had failed (orange light) on replacing the drive the drive access light on the replaced drive flashed off and on while beeping slowly off an on and went back to an orange state after about 20 secs of the above behaviour.

I have had a drive fail before and went throught the same process with no problems...any suggestions.

OS NW6sp3 cpqonlin reports new drive in the failed state and array in degradation.....is there something possibly wrong with the drive backplane on this drive....any suggestions appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Jamie Clarke

Re: smart-2dh drive not rebuilding

Took the HD back out in the morning and reseated back into cage....HD activity light began to blink slowly again with the beeps....the beeps seem to of been first a low beep...medium beep....then a loud beep....this repeated itself about two times while I could hear the drive spin up and then come online and do a rebuild.....got me on this one but has successfully rebuilt and is currently working fine.