New Discussion юеВ

status message # 267

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jared Cheney
Valued Contributor

status message # 267

Hello,

I have a proliant DL585 running W2k3. It has a Smart Array 6400 Controller in Slot 2 and it has a Smart Array 6400 EM Controller in Slot 2b (shows as Smart Array 6400 U320 Controller in device mgr).

From within the ACU, the 6400 EM controller has status message #267, "there are no drives attached to the current array controller ....and so forth".

My understanding was that the EM meant it was an extension module to the base 6400 array controller. Can anyone explain why I am seeing this error and what I need to do to make it go away?

Thank you,
Jared
5 REPLIES 5
Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor

Re: status message # 267

Jared,

Do you actually have anything connected to the 6400EM ?

My understanding is that these are basically two seperate cards.

Jeff
I like a clean bowl & Never go with the zero
Jared Cheney
Valued Contributor

No, we do not actually have anything connected to the EM (as shown by the ACU). Are you sure it is a separate card? This server is located in a remote location from where I am, so I can't get my hands on it, unfortunately.

Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor
Solution

I have a SA6404 which takes up one slot in the server, but is basically two cards piggy backed on top of each other.

From within ACU I can see two controllers, one of them being the EM controller. You cannot create an array that extends across both controllers, a constrant I discovered.

The 6404 has 4 channels (2 on each controller).

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/index.html

Jeff
Jared Cheney
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Jeff. That must be what we have going on here. I'm trying to track down the bill of materials for the server to verify actual part number of what was purchased.

So I'm assuming you probably have drives attached to ports on both the base and EM controller? Or else you would be seeing the same error I am?

Thanks,
Jared
Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor

Jared,

Yes, I have a MSA30-DB attached to each card.... and very nicely it performs too. ;-)

Jeff