Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storageworks x1600 - thinprovisioning and ASM problem - pls help

razi_1
Advisor

storageworks x1600 - thinprovisioning and ASM problem - pls help

hi,

just bought this one.

1. is thin provisioning possible with this server? i cant find the function in ASM software.

if not possible,what if i extend my virtual array when the space almost finish,will it take long time and cause system down? im afraid without thin provisioning,later i might need to increase the allocation of space and im not sure whether at that time resizing will cause downtime or not.

2. i have been getting discovery failed! messsage while using ASM and upto now unable to create any virtual array still. how to solve this?

thanks

thanks
3 REPLIES
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: storageworks x1600 - thinprovisioning and ASM problem - pls help

ASM -- you mean Oracle ASM?
Hakuna Matata.
razi_1
Advisor

nope.. HP Automated Storage Manager
krusty
Honored Contributor

I thought you meant Account Support Manager (Mission Critical Services). Too many TLAs!

Curt
Account Support Manager for HP
"In Vino Veritas"