1748060 Members
5211 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: the server locked up the lun

ks6542
Valued Contributor

from command view XP,go to lun manager and choose the appropiate CU:LDEV or go to the host group and select the cu:ldev from there and right click will show --> release LU path.. just click and apply and you done..

Yes its shacky but sometimes we are stuck ..

Can you explain what way you relase the Lun paths?
ks6542
Valued Contributor

Once you disable one path/port .. you should be able to release path by the meathod avove... thats how the both action are related..
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Same as you said, and that was how I would "release lun". I thought something on switch side to "release lun"....

You method has to be based on the redundancy, if the other paths could not work as you expected, for instance, the other paths may get failed for any reasons which you don't know anything about, by disabling one port could cause all luns down.

The best way would be to unlock that lun on the server side, but I just don't know about it.

none
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Is following steps you suggested:

1. disable port A,
2. if you culd release Lun, then
enable port A done. otherwise continue
3. disable port B
4. if you could release Lun, then
enable port B. done

From above steps, there is also possibility that once you enable port A, for any reasons, the host may lock the disk again through port A. If that'd be the case, we then really get stuck!
none
ks6542
Valued Contributor

hummm........vgreduce it from all volume groups? I don't know if there is an fcmsutil command that needs to be run. there is one you use when replacing a fiber device with one with a new lun..

I would not have thought rmsf would work if it was still assigned to a volume group however...
ks6542
Valued Contributor

Yes the steps would be same.. but if you disable one port and you dosent get sucess relasing path it dosent make sence to proceed with second port.. but It should allow you to unmap after port disabled..
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

All we talking about is when the disk has been already removed from LVM.
As I said, I already run rmsf -H, and the device has been removed.

Either one or both paths hold the lun, so we would have to try both if one of them is not working.
none