108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: trace AUTOSPARE disk on HSG80 controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I see... It looks like the program intercepts the input from you and interprets it first. Well, I don't have experience with 'hsxterm5', but I would try this:

- connect in interactive mode and send a CONTROL-C or CONTROL-Y

- send the 'exit' command with some space characters surrounded, like " exit " in the hope that hsxterm5 can be fooled that easily.

- send it as a one-time command like:
# hsxterm -fccl_device "exit"
or in variations like " exit" or " EXIT"

- put the string 'exit' in a file and send it as a script:
# hsxterm -fccl_device -sexit.txt -lexit.log

If that does not work I am afraid you have to restart the controller to get rid of the program.
Mohamed  K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Connect through the serial port in the back of the controller, it is much easier.
Then you can run whatever you want of tests and you can see the drive's leds while working

Mohamed
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The serial port is at the front of the controller module (the back is the side with the connectors which go into the BACKplane), but it depends on the enclosure type if the controller is sitting in the front or the back of the enclosure.

If you have a BA-370 enclosure, then the controllers go in at the front and you can easily see the disk drive LEDs.

If it is a modular array with an M2200 enclosure, then the controllers stick in the back and you have to walk round the cabinet or route the cable to the front so that you can see the disk drive LEDs.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Kenneth,

once I fell into that trap myself. When you type exit, you are on the shell again. :-(
I solved the problem with the cli of the storage works command console. There I could type exit leave the fmu. Of course using the serial link as suggested is the same.

hth,

Michael
Mark S_3
Occasional Advisor

I just got myself stuck in hsxterm5 in the FMU. To exit I proceeded exit with v. Worked for me.