5698 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

upgrading an EVA4400

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave Silvestri

upgrading an EVA4400

I've been tasked with taking over management of an EVA4400. EVAs are relatively new to me, especially a 4400.

Based on what I've been able to determine, the array is woefully out of date for code updates.

Currently the array is running 09001000 code, of which I've seen numerous issues on this forum. As well, it's running Command View 8.0.

I know I'll have to upgrade the Command View to the newer version first. My question is does HP have a "procedure generator" for code upgrades? I assume this is going to be a multi step upgrade of the array (i.e. can't go from 09001000 to 09522000 in one step).

Finding info on the HP site has been difficult to say the least. Does anyone have a good reference document or links to the correct locations to follow the process?

Thanks...

Dave
5 REPLIES 5
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: upgrading an EVA4400

See the page 12 on below link. this has upgrade compatibility reference.
http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02010760/c02010760.pdf

Also you will have to upgrade WOCP(CV ABM ) to 9.2 . refer Page 16. Installing CV9.2 on WOCP is nothing but upgrading WOCP firmware to 0001.4000.

Regards,
Dileep

V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

HP is doing this upgrade on all EVA4400 for free. Please contact HP support on your country and request a case to be opened to do that.

But first you must check that your SAN switches and servers have updated firmware and drivers.
Dave Silvestri

thanks to you both... I will review the doc and contact HP regarding the upgrade.
Dave Silvestri

oh... and apologies if the points don't show up, I've tried twice, and they don't show as being assigned on my side.
Dave Silvestri

closing thread