Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using VA7110 as a Disk system

Delrish
Trusted Contributor

using VA7110 as a Disk system

Hi All,

I wan to use VA7110 in windows as a disk system. I mean I want to use 15 HDDs that are included in VA7110 as 15 HDDs that are connect to a windows server just like you have 15 HDDs on one server (without any raid or other features of VA).Is it possible? How can I do?

Alireza
3 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: using VA7110 as a Disk system

the virtual array is an array - a hardware raid system. It's not possible to switch off the raid functionality. Most of the servers have raid functionality - just for security of your data. Just created some LUNs and use them as your disks.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

Thank you,
I know what is array but on its controller there is a JBOD port. I tought, I could use them to introduce the disks to the system. I am trying to setup a test. I need 15 seprated HDDS for my test. Can I use JBOD port for this case?

Alireza
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

you can connect 2 additional JBODs (+30 Disks) to your array to increase capacity. The JBODs are to connect to the JBOD ports of the array.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!